Job Title: Orphan Well Measurement Technician
Job Type: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Location: Various locations throughout the United States
Expected Start Date: Immediately
Who We Are
At Rebellion Energy Solutions (RES) we are bringing together the energy industry and social & environmental justice. Our vision is to create durable, high-quality carbon credits by returning abandoned oil and gas well sites to nature’s image. Additionally, our energy land restoration solutions seek to solve real-world social, environmental and market dilemmas.
Using carbon markets, we are incentivizing the clean-up of orphan wells and providing a platform for investment in sustainability. For those that have a deep desire to support our work in decommissioning legacy oil & gas wells properly and restoring lands with pride of ownership and a legacy of health and beauty for future generations, we invite you to join us in this work.
About the Role
The opportunities ahead of us for orphan well clean-up and land restoration at scale are great.
As our work and team expands, we are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Measurement Technician to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for analyzing orphaned oil and gas wells using methane measurement tools such as Remote Methane Leak Detection or Sem Tech Hi Flow gas measurement tool.
The primary focus of this role is to determine if methane emissions from each well will reach an economic threshold, while adhering to strict Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) policies and maximizing operational efficiencies. The ideal candidate must be comfortable with Arc GIS software and reporting and possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Conduct methane emissions measurements on each orphaned or abandoned oil and gas
- Analyze data to determine if methane emissions from each well will reach an economic
- Identify potential hazards and take appropriate measures to ensure the safety of the
- Adhere to strict Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) policies and protocols.
- Input data found on each well into a computer database and generate reports.
- Communicate effectively with team members, stakeholders, and regulatory bodies regarding findings and recommendations
- Identify opportunities to improve operational efficiencies and recommend solutions.
- Maintain equipment and ensure proper functioning.
The daily 8-hour shift will be 8 AM – 5 PM, Monday – Friday.
Because we know that the nature of the work that we do requires charting a new path and shifting a legacy culture within the oil and gas industry, we also value transferable skills from complementary industries and lived experiences that have offered a training ground for developing the competencies needed to excel on our team and in this role. The successful candidate for this role will have a mix of the following qualifications, competencies and commitment to our core values
- 2-3 years of experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Experience with methane measurement tools and ARC GIS software.
- Knowledge of EHS policies and regulations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel to various field sites.
- Ability to carry up to 50 lbs of equipment and work in various weather conditions
- Rebellious Individuality: Our work culture encourages you to bring your true self to the table.
- Authentic Communication: We nurture an open and honest team environment that allows you to share transparently in the spirit of collaboration and problem-solving, while also holding space and listening to others with the intent of understanding and finding common ground.
- Unlimited Collaboration: The issues we seek to solve are often layered and impact communities. To find sustainable and just solutions, everyone is welcome, always.
- Creative Thinking: Working in an emerging industry it is essential that you are comfortable being uncomfortable.
- Genuine Solutions: Don’t focus on why we can’t, rather on finding a way we can.
Compensation and Benefits:
The compensation for this full-time, non-exempt position starts at $36/hour and is based upon expertise, years of experience and a verifiable track record of results. This compensation is accompanied by a competitive benefits package including: vacation/sick leave, medical/dental/vision insurance and 401k matching.
How to Apply
If your skills, knowledge, experience and passion for environmental justice and sustainability aligns with the qualifications, competencies and values shared above we invite you to share your interest in this exciting opportunity.
Even if you don’t “check all the boxes” above, we want to hear from you! We value the lived experiences and transferable skills that you feel make you an excellent candidate for this role and welcome the opportunity to learn more about them.
Complete our online application and submit your resume here. We look forward to hearing from you!